Oxford Food Bank is a charity that depends totally on the support of its donors, volunteers and food suppliers to carry out its operations. Whether you are an individual or a representative of an organisation here are a few of the many ways you could help us to continue our good work.
Support from individuals
- Join our volunteers – whether you can only manage one shift each month or a number of hours every week we are often in need of additional helping hands. Find out more on the Join our Volunteers page.
- Send us a monetary donation, or even better set up a regular monthly payment to Oxford Food Bank. See the Make a Donation page for more details.
- Help us to raise funds in other ways such as holding a sponsored event, or letting us set up a stand at your local fete, street party, or other event – tell us about these via the ‘donors’ e-mail address on our Contact Us page. We also have a Just Giving page that can be used to set up money collection for sponsored events or simply to donate. You can also buy products from over 2,000 retailers via our Easyfundraising webshop – you pay the normal price but we get a small commission on every purchase (see our Easyfundraising page for details).
- Pass on to us any unwanted food – this might be the result of a simple cupboard clear out, a neighbourhood collection or an excess of fruit and veg grown in your garden or allotment. Please note that we distribute mainly fruit, vegetables, bakery and dairy products, but we can also use many canned and dry products as well. We do not deal with fish or meat products, however, and anything past its ‘use by’ date unfortunately has to be disposed of (N.B. this only applies to ‘use by’ dates and not ‘best before’ and ‘display until’ dates or other similar indicators).
- Tell all of your family, friends and colleagues about us and encourage them to support us too!
Support from organisations
Oxford Food Bank are currently supported by Grundon as a fundraising and volunteering partner in 2016 (see our news article), but are also looking for further corporate support from other organisations.
- Raise funds for Oxford Food Bank through staff activities, tell us about relevant grants that your organisation can offer us, or simply make a donation direct from your business. Let us know about this type of support via our ‘donors’ e-mail address on the Contact Us page.
- Encourage your staff to volunteer for Oxford Food Bank, either on a regular basis, or maybe as part of a team on a special once a year ‘volunteering day’. Find out more about what volunteering with us involves on our Join our Volunteers page.
- Become a food supplier – if you are a food wholesaler, supermarket or other type of food supplier based in the Oxford area and would be happy to supply us with any food that would otherwise be disposed of as waste then please get in contact with us today. Although most of our food suppliers receive regular visits from our volunteers on a daily to weekly basis we are also happy to accept one-off food donations.